- Introduction in Transport phenomena; General information and systematics of collegium.
- Metrology, General proposition, System, Aggregate state, Compressible fluids, Cavitation, Forces in fluids, Density, Porosity, Surface tension.
- Fluid statics: Pascal law, Variation of pressure in fluids, Pressure measurement (differential manometers), Relative balance (horizontal and vertical acceleration).
- Fluid statics: Forced vortex, Fluid rotation, Pressure on the cylinder wall, Buoyancy, Arhimed law, Fluid dynamics: Viscosity (Fluids).
- Fluid dynamics: Movement of fluid particles, Laminar and turbulent flow, Hydraulic radius, Basic parameters of flow, Continuous flow, Mass balance, Momentum transfer.
- Fluid dynamics: Euler equation, Bernoulli equation, The Mechanical energy of fluid flow, Energy equation of fluid flow.
- Fluid dynamics: Statics and Dynamic pressure, Pitot tube, Piezometer, Venturi meter, Pipe orifice meter, Flowing of fluids through pipes and canals, Two-phase flowing, Boundary layer, Prandtl theory.
- Adsorption: Definition, Implementation, Balance, Isotherm, Kinetics adsorption, Adsorbent, Implementation of adsorption processes.
- Absorption: Definition, Operating lines, Calculation, and performance of absorption column.
- Fluidization: Definition, Pressure drop during process, Ergun equation.
- Dimensional analysis: Definition of dimensional analysis, Buckingham method, Method of the systematic attempt, Rayleigh method.
- Heat transfer: Temperature field and gradient, Heat conduction, Thermal conductivity (fluids), Radiation, Prevost law, Basic concept of radiation, Radiation of black body, Kirchoff law, Gas radiation, Natural and forced convection, Thermal boundary layer, Evaporation, Boiling, Condensation, Vaporization.
- Heat exchangers: Working principle, Heat transfer equation, Heat exchangers types.
- Membrane processes: Membrane, Separation mechanism, Morphology, Chemical composition, Geometry, Fluid transportation through membrane, Dialysis, Electrodialysis, Reverse osmosis, Gas separation, Ultrafiltration, Diafiltration, Microfiltration, Pervaporation.
- Classiffication of the basic terms in the field of mass transfer, momentum transfer, and heat transfer.
- Implementation of different types differential manometers in static and dynamics of fluids.
- Classification and meaningful of rheological parameters in fluid dynamics and their influence on physical properties of observed fluids. Influence of observed streaming parameters and their impact on flow behavior defined by Reynolds number. Implementation of the equation of continuity, define the expressions of fluid velocity and volumetric flow rate applying Pitot tube, Venturi meter, and Pipe orifice meter.
- Classification of the basic laws and terms in Absorption and Adsorption processes. Implementation of Absorption and Adsorption processes with different column types. Formulation of energy and mass balance based on input and output information of process.
- Formulation of based principles of heat transfer and their influence on boundary layer.
- Classification of heat exchangers in food technology and biotechnology. Setting up a technological process for controlling the temperature during heat exchange. Formulation of energy and mass balance.
- Implementation of fluidization process using materials with different physicochemical properties and particles flow behavior. Formulation of energy and mass balance of fluidization column.
- Classifications of basic terms and working principle of all membrane separation equipment. Implementation of optimum membrane separation processes in food technology and biotechnology. Formulation of energy and mass balance in membrane separation processes.
To enrol in this course, the following courses must be completed:
- Principles of Engineering
- Mathematics 1
- Mathematics 2