- Basics of Nutrition and bone biology,
- Nutrition and bone health: a) Efect of the life stages and race (children and adolescents; adults, heathy elederly), b) Effect of the vegetarian diet, c) Effect of some macronutrients; d) Effect of some micronutrients; e) Lifestyle effects
- Interperatation of Bone mineral Density as its relates to bone health and Fracure risk,
- Secondary osteoporosis.
- Understand the biology of bone
- Integrate knowledge from other areas and connect them with the newly acquired knowledge on the impact of nutrition on bone health as they age and gender
- Identify and explain the relationship of restrictive diets (eg, vegetarian), nutrients and the bone health
- To present new ideas within the topics nutrition and bone health
Lectures: 20 sati
Seminars: 10 sati
Opis metoda provođenja nastave: lectures and seminars
Description of the performance of duties:
Attendance on the class, written and presented seminar, written and oral exams
- Nutrition and Bone Health, (Holick M.F. i Dawson-Hughes B. , Ed.) , Humana Press Inc., New Jersey, 2004.
- Jasminka Z. Ilich, Owen J. Kelly,Julia E. Inglis,Lynn B. Panton,Gustavo Duque,Michael J. Ormsbee: Interrelationship among muscle, fat, and bone (2014) Connecting the dots on cellular, hormonal, and whole body levels. Ageing Research Reviews 15: 51–60.